- Fireside Pies- Super soft crust and great toppings, make sure to check out their specials...always a great adventure, be it pizza, drink or dessert, most are off the menu items, but certainly worth a try. We happen to love The Shops at Legacy location, but the Knox-Henderson spot has the patio to die for!
- Cadillac Pizza- This Downtown McKinney joint has access to the local farmers market for Texas grown veggies & herbs. Texas beer is on tap! The wood-fire ovens turns out great pizzas, but an equally awesome reason to put this place on your date-night list is the live music. There are live acts Thurs-Sat & on Tuesday nights. We have "discovered" some great local music here. A weekly music calendar is on their website.
- Grimaldi's- A great place to get a "slice" and feel like you've stepped into the original, in Brooklyn. The crust is crispy coal-fired perfection. The red & white check table cloths really amp up that pizzeria vibe. Rumor has it that Ol' Blue Eyes himself, Frank Sinatra, frequented the original establishment in Brooklyn. That little tidbit lends serious credibility in our book.
- Mama's Pizza- PLANO LOCATION Mama's happens to occupy sentimental soft-spot in my heart. It was a high school haunt, but the yumminess of the pizza pies endures. Something to do with the pillowy-soft, garlicky buttered crust. Let's say it is absolutely a rare treat that we still indulge in, and the offspring even enjoy a slice of Mama's Pizza.
- Palio's Thin crust & veggies are the key here. If you are trying to make healthier choices, but still crave pizza, give Palio's a try. They even have a gluten-free crust option. BYOB is also a bonus. Multiple locations.
- Taverna Rossa- Creative ingredients, craft cocktails...that are REALLY good, and live music, in the heart of West Plano. This place turns out a great meal, salads are YUM, too! This joint serves as the perfect date-night, family night or girls' night out!
- Cavalli Pizza- This gem is located in Adriatica Village in McKinney, serves Neapolitan pizza. Wood fire ovens cook pizzas at over 900 degrees for just 90 seconds and delizioso ! YOU enjoy!
- Urban Crust- LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this eatery. Wood-burning oven, locally sourced veggies & herbs, along with imported Italian meats and in-house, hand-crafted mozzarella make up menu items. Each month boasts a special pizza and cocktail creation. Psst....the brunch is to die for!!!!!
- Coal Vines- Good pizza, but an even better Sunday brunch!
- Pizzeria Testa- The pizza was cold when it arrived at our table, but the flavor was on point. Therefore, another visit is merited. The best part is the location, right in the middle of Downtown Frisco, with a FAB patio.
MUST Try List-
- Cane Rosso- Kind of considered the king of Dallas area Neapolitan pizza, so, naturally, we need to see what all the hype is about!
- Eno's Pizza Tavern, Because, it is in Bishop Arts, and it consistently gets great reviews.