and other tips are certainly helpful to prevent winter wildlife problems, according to Bonnie Bradshaw with the Plano Star Courier. Read on for her other tips.
1. Don't provide a midnight buffet. Birdseed, pet food and table scraps should be secured as to not be a temptation to wildlife.
2. Don't put out a welcome mat. Make sure you repair loose shingles, deteriorating boards or warped siding, as well as trim overhanging branches which provide an on-ramp to critters.
3. Don't forget friends in low places. Cover crawlspace openings with heavy gauge, rust proof mesh.
4. Don't ignore the pitter-patter of little paws on your roof. Go investigate! Wildlife that gain access to your attic can chew through electrical wires, cause water damage, and destroy attic insulation. A good offense is the best defense in this case, see tip #2.
5. Spread the word. If you see something, share with your neighbors.