Are you looking for a delightful sweet treat to gift your sweetie this Valentines Day? Well, I have a great recipe that is so delicious and easy to make. NO BAKING REQUIRED! Did you get that peeps? Let me repeat…NO BAKING REQUIRED!! I got this recipe from a friend of mine and decided to make it for several people for Christmas Gifts. I received so many compliments and requests for the recipe I figured I needed to rework it for Cupid's Day and share with our readers!
It’s called Vanilla Bark Candy and trust me, it is worth the calories.
- aluminum Foil
- 24 ounces white/vanilla bark candy (found on the baking aisle at your local grocery store)
- 2 Cups plain Cheerios
- 2 Cups plain Wheat Chex
- 2 Cups pretzel twists
- 1 Cup roasted almonds (I roast my own almonds & pecans)
- 1 Cup roasted pecans
- Lay foil out on counter shiny side down
- Just make sure you buy nuts that have no oil them when you roast them, (you can by your almonds & pecans in bulk at sprouts). Put them on a tray at 350 degrees and roast. It does not take long, around 3 to 5 minutes, so keep an eye on it.
- Mix Cheerios, Wheat Chex, pretzel twist, almonds & pecans in large bowl.
- Next, melt vanilla bark candy according to directions. I melt mine in microwave oven. Pour all of your dry ingredients and melted chocolate onto foil. Let the mixture dry. After it is dry you break it up and put into a pretty jar or a fun bag with some ribbon and give it to your Valentine!