As Benjamin Franklin said, “A penny saved, is a penny earned.” A similar sentiment could be said about water conservation. Save and ration thoughtfully seems like a good principle to apply to residential water use. Check out some of the tips and links below for more great information.
- · As always, it is a good idea when considering what to plant, look to native species which are rated as drought tolerant.
- · Contact the experts at Treeland Nursery for recommendations on drought tolerant tree species.
- · Read up on rainwater collection barrels and make your own. The City of McKinney provides a DIY make your own rain barrel class on 9/30. Follow the link for details or for other home owner educational classes.
- · Purchase some soaker hoses and hand spray nozzles to make keeping your foundation “summer healthy” a priority.
- · Check local home improvement stores for gardening tips to make sure you are using water-wise “best practices.”
- · The City of Plano offers Live Green classes. The selection includes topics such as live sustainably and water basics.
- The City of Frisco provides a link for FAQs on Drought.