I have a great Chicken Salad Recipe that I have made for years and I want to share with YOU! I was gifted with this recipe from a neighbor. She has long since moved and I am not even sure where she lives now, but I am still making her chicken salad recipe. Every time I make it for dinner or a luncheon, it gets rave reviews. In fact, I used to make it for my daughter when she was in college and would send it back with her so she would have something to eat besides cereal and soup. To this day, her college roommate comments about my chicken salad whenever I see her! This recipe is so easy and can be made ahead of time. Try it out and let me know what you think!
Jan’s Chicken Salad
- 2 to 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- I chop my in my food processor
- 1 cup of celery, chopped
- ½ cup of toasted almonds (optional)
- To toast almonds bake at 400 until lightly browned
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp. grated onion
- ¾ cup of mayonnaise (You can add more if you like)
- Use real mayo.
- Grated cheese, any kind (optional)
- Mix all ingredients. Toss lightly and sprinkle grated cheese on top, if desired. Serve on croissants or kaiser rolls.